It’s not too late to register for Zen Meditation.
The practice of Chinese Zen encourages clarity of mind, compassion to all beings and a wisdom that comes from going beyond the concerns of self. Sessions include gentle exercise and an introduction to meditation for those seeking to understand the mind-body-spirit connections.
The beginner course starts July 9 at the White Rock Community Centre and runs Saturday afternoons from 1:30-4 p.m. Call 604-541-2231 to pre-register.
• There are still a few spaces in the Designer Flower Arrangement workshop on July 13 at 7 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Learn how to make beautiful, trendy, up-style table arrangements like on the coffee table of the Ellen Show. Call ahead to register.
• Please note that Tea with the Stars/Hairspray is on Wednesday, July 13 (not Thursday as previously published).
The time is 1:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
• The Nordic Stride walking group is continuing through the summer months.
The club is for those who have taken the Nordic Walking program and are ready to explore our community parks. Call 604-541-2199 for information.
• Why not take in free outdoor music performances this summer?
There are six places to find live music and performance art in White Rock on pleasant afternoons: the ATM on Marine Drive at Martin Street; White Rock Museum and Archives, West Plaza; the Whale Wall, corner of Russell Avenue and Johnston; at East Beach, Marine Drive at Finlay Street; and at Five Corners, Johnston Road and Pacific Avenue.
• Are you interested in fossils, crystals and geology?
Learn about this and so much more with a trip to the Pacific Museum of the Earth at UBC.
There is a day trip planned on Monday, Aug. 8 followed by a bistro lunch and a visit to the Maritime Museum. Please call 604-541-2231.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.