There’s a buzz surrounding the 88-unit Semiah residence, taking shape on the crest of White Rock hill. At the sales centre, several more suites have found “homes” with buyers – locals embracing the advantages downsizing provides without leaving their neighbourhood.
“I think residents will enjoy a great sense of community here. Whether it’s wine tasting, travel or a turn around the local links, our buyers want to spend more time enjoying the lifestyle they love, in the community they love,” says Semiah sales manager Vanessa Baker.
Here’s what they’re liking about Semiah:
- Definitely the location. White Rock and South Surrey residents love where they live, so while they might be done with the upkeep of a family home, why leave the neighbourhood? Stepping outside your new home at Semiah, virtually everything you need is on your doorstep, including shopping, dining, entertainment, medical services and recreation!
- Unique mix of homes: Spacious, open-concept concrete homes with thoughtfully designed floor plans range from 1,087-square-foot two-bedrooms to 1,690 sq.ft., three-bedroom-plus-den suites, all with spacious covered decks for four-season enjoyment. If you’d prefer a gradual transition from your single-family home, spacious, two-level townhomes are ideal. “Our buyers appreciate that they don’t have to give up everything when downsizing – they have room for their king-size bed and full-size sofa,” Baker says.
- It’s all in the details: From gas fittings ready for your barbecue to forced air heat and air conditioning for a comfortable interior, “we’re offering the high level of interior finishes people expect in a single-family custom home,” Baker says, pointing to contemporary light-filled interiors, entertainment-sized kitchens with quartz countertops and premium stainless steel appliances, and dedicated laundry rooms with side-by-side front-loading LG washer and dryer. Additional well-considered amenities include a car wash bay and fitness centre.
- The best in outdoor living: Embracing the West Coast setting, expansive windows and low-threshold, centre-opening sliders opening to large, balconies frame dramatic views to the ocean, Mt. Baker and the North Shore mountains, and magical sunsets. Deliberately designed, cantilevered decks maximize natural light and sweeping views, while providing the privacy to enjoy them. Take Fido to the dog run, and if the beach calls, rinse him off at the on-site dog wash.
- Marcon’s reputation: When you’re investing in a new home, confidence matters; a local builder who believes in follow-up care goes a long way. “I think it’s really important for buyers to do their research about who is building their home,” Baker says, highlighting consistent quality, customer care and exceptional after-sale service, beyond the standard 2-5-10 New Home Warranty. Marcon’s local roots reach back to their first offices here in White Rock, and with more than 11,000 homes built over 34 years, the’ve established themselves as one of B.C.’s most respected developers.
Visit the Semiah presentation centre at 1418 Johnston Rd., open daily from 12 to 5 p.m., except Friday, or by appointment. And be sure to ask about the 15 per cent deposit!