If you’ve been wearing the same pair of glasses for a few years – or even the same contact lens prescription – you might be surprised how recent innovations are changing the way we see.
For example, while progressive lenses continue to offer better vision across all distances – from reading to distance – by adding Digital Ready Optimization, wearers now enjoy wider peripheral near vision, explains Debbie Mozelle, from Debbie Mozelle Designer Eyewear. “Now the best option for many has gotten even better.”
Choosing an eye care team the forefront of these innovations, and the latest fashion trends for your frames, is essential. Here’s why:
- Technical know-how – Unlike many other optical offices, the licensed White Rock optician also offers an on-site lab, including an edging lab and new, state-of-the-art surfacing lab. This allows them to create glasses quicker, without sending them off-site, which in turn saves you money. The difference means you might be able to choose two pairs of glasses for the cost of a single pair at some other optical shops!
- Custom solutions – With the latest technology and a knowledgeable team, they can also create high-level prescriptions requiring more technical precision, Mozelle explains. Recognizing that everyone is unique in their needs and lifestyle, they can also customize your prescription, and offer options such as tinting, UV protection, and blue-light filter.
- Contacts for sun? Sunglasses aren’t your only option for sun protection any more! Transition contacts – think auto-darkening glasses, but in a contact lens – are catching the eye of patients who want sun and UV protection but don’t like sunglasses. However, because lenses darken in the sun, your irises will look dark. “Some people will love it, but it’s not for everyone, so we invite people to come pick up a free trial pair,” Mozelle says.
- The styles you want – Recognizing that glasses become part of our look as well as helping us see better, you’ll also find a wide selection of designer styles for the whole family. Round and aviator-style glasses are definitely back in-fashion, especially among the younger set, while wearers of all ages are having fun with different styles of coloured rims, Mozelle notes. “Glasses really have become a fashion statement.”
- Easy does it – With something as personal as your eye care, tapping into local expertise is invaluable. While the onsite lab means your eyewear will be comparable to what you’ll pay online, the expertise and follow-up care is priceless. The full-service optical shop offers eye testing for ages 19 to 64, and for seniors also under the care of an ophthalmologist. Repairs are also handled in-store and for added ease, they bill directly to insurance provides, meaning you’ll save up front!
Visit Debbie Mozelle Designer Eyewear at 1554 Foster St. in White Rock, or in Langley at 5501 204th St. You can also stay up-to-date with all the news and the latest styles at debbiemozelle.ca and on Facebook!