Brandon Teixeira is wanted for murder, in connection with a double-shooting two years ago in South Surrey.

$50,000 reward for ‘extremely violent’ South Surrey murder suspect renewed

Offer for information on Brandon Teixeira to remain in effect through April, 2020

This coming Wednesday (Oct. 23) will mark two years to the day since reports of gunfire led police to a fatally wounded man at a home on Crescent Road in South Surrey – and, two years since the hunt for a killer began.

This month, as part of continued efforts to locate the man suspected of pulling the trigger, a reward that was first announced in April was renewed.

READ MORE: Homicide investigators announce $55,000 reward for Brandon Teixeira

The $50,000 for information leading to the arrest of 28-year-old Brandon Nathan Teixeira – charged with first-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of Nicholas Khabra – is offered again by Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers and the Bolo Program, and will now remain on the table until April 3, 2020.

The Bolo Program is a non-profit organization that uses social media, advertisements and poster campaigns to boost public awareness about Canada’s most wanted.

In April’s reward announcement – which followed a $5,000 reward offered by the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team in September 2018 – Supt. Donna Richardson had a message for Teixeira: “There is nowhere to go and we will find you sooner or later.

“Do the right thing, contact your lawyer and turn yourself in.”

On Friday, an IHIT spokesperson told Peace Arch News in an emailed statement that the homicide investigation team has received a significant number of tips, “but nothing that has led us to Teixeira’s current whereabouts.

“We believe he could be anywhere and so we’ve cast a wide net by alerting our law enforcement partners within and outside of Canada. And yes, the $55K reward is still active.”

In a tweet this month thanking the Bolo Program and Crime Stoppers, IHIT emphasizes the case remains a priority.

“The search for Brandon Teixeira continues and will not end until he is found,” the tweet states.

Police announced a first-degree murder charge against Teixeira in September 2018, in connection with the Oct. 23, 2017 shooting. It occurred around 2 a.m. near Crescent Road and 36A Avenue. A woman who reported being shot on the same morning is believed to have been with 28-year-old Khabra at the time he was targeted.

Police also confirmed an attempted arrest in the case in September of last year, in the 2700-block of Country Woods Drive in South Surrey.

READ MORE: IHIT seeks ‘extremely violent’ man in connection with 2017 Crescent Road murder

Homicide investigators have previously described Teixeira as “extremely violent” and a “significant” risk to public safety.

He is described as Caucasian, five-foot-10 and weighing 161 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He has a snake tattoo on the left side of his chest and a sleeve tattoo on his left arm.

Anyone who sees him is advised to not approach, but to call 911 immediately.



tholmes@peacearchnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

 

IHIT investigates Oct. 23, 2017 at site of double shooting in South Surrey. (File photo)

Brandon Teixeira is wanted Canada-wide for murder, in connection with an October 2017 shooting in South Surrey.

Just Posted

Rivers could rise rapidly as heavy rains hit Lower Mainland

Larger rivers to reach peak levels on Thursday or into Friday, according to high streamflow advisory

Transgender Surrey brothers debut fantasy novel as author duo Vincent Hunter

‘Transgender people are being misrepresented in popular fiction and media, and we aim to change that’

Two Surrey women win BC Sports Hall of Fame awards for inspired service

Jane Blaine and Wendy Pattenden recognized during virtual summit

Horgan says Surrey mayor opened ‘hornets’ nest’ with Surrey policing transition

Surrey election battle heating up over Doug McCallum’s controversial cop transition

Sullivan Heights, Tamanawis each report second COVID-19 exposures

Fraser Health has created a new webpage listing COVID-19 cases in schools

B.C. reports 91 new cases as officials remain worried over ‘clusters of COVID-19

There have now been a total of 8,395 cases in B.C. since the pandemic began

Horgan promises more child care at $10 per day during Maple Ridge visit

Liberals say the NDP has failed to deliver on daycare

Mounties impound car of impaired driver celebrating birthday in North Vancouver

RCMP say the person was driving with their headlights off

UPDATE: Abbotsford high school killer back in court for ‘not criminally responsible’ hearing

Gabriel Klein was previously convicted of stabbing Letisha Reimer to death

Is it time to start thinking about greener ways to package cannabis?

Packaging suppliers are still figuring eco-friendly and affordable packaging options that fit the mandates of Cannabis Regulations

Join Black Press Media and Do Some Good

Pay it Forward program supports local businesses in their community giving

Rainfall warning says significant showers forecast for entire region

Rain moving across Howe Sound, The Fraser Valley and northern parts of Metro Vancouver this morning.

‘Won’t be gathering for Thanksgiving:’ Trudeau says COVID-19 2nd wave underway

In all, COVID-19 has killed about 9,250 people in Canada

Canada’s active COVID-19 cases top 10,000 as daily new cases triple over the past month

Dr. Tam repeated her warning to young people, who have made up the majority of recent cases

Most Read