A house fire in the 14800-block of Buena Vista Avenue Friday (Dec. 23) was caused by improperly extinguished candles.
White Rock fire Chief Phil Lemire said the blaze, which ignited around noon Friday, was contained to a storage area located on an upper-floor exterior deck. It was reported by the home’s residents, who were not injured in the fire.
The fire caused “a little bit of structural damage… to the siding and soffit and a bit of the roof area,” Lemire said. The home also suffered smoke and water damage.
He said the incident is a good reminder to residents to always ensure candles are properly extinguished.