With less than three weeks to go before White Rock and Surrey citizens vote for who they want to run their respective cities, opportunities to gain insights on the cities’ many candidates get underway this week.
So far, five meetings are planned to showcase Surrey candidates; White Rock residents have three opportunities to get to know their candidates en masse before Nov. 19.
• Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Surrey Public Library, City Centre branch, 10350 University Blvd., hosted by Surrey Housing and Homelessness Task Force. To attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Saturday, Nov. 5 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at the Newton Library, 13795 70 Ave., hosted by Surrey Citizens Transporation Initiative.
• Tuesday, Nov. 8 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Compass Point Inn, 9850 King George Blvd., hosted by the Downtown Business Improvement Association.
• Sunday, Nov. 13 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at the Fleetwood Library, 15996 84 Ave., hosted by the Surrey Citizens Transportation Initiative.
• Tuesday, Nov. 15 from 6-8 p.m. at Eaglequest Golf Course, 7778 152 St., hosted by the Surrey Board of Trade.
Written questions only. To register, go to www.businessinsurrey.com or email email@example.com
• Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 7-10 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Ave., hosted by Democracy First.
• Thursday, Nov. 3 from 7-9 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Ave., hosted by the White Rock Business Improvement Association.
• Wednesday, Nov. 9 from 7-9 p.m. at First United Church, 15384 Semiahmoo Ave., hosted by the church, Peninsula Homeless to Housing Round Table, South Fraser Women’s Services Society and others.