Surrey Fire Service says no one was hurt in a fire at a Cloverdale care facility Monday night.
It happened at the Czorny Alzheimer Centre in the 16800-block of 66th Avenue around 8:30 p.m.
“It came in as a possible structure fire after someone smelled smoke,” said Assistant Chief Chris Keon.
He said it was briefly upgraded to a second-alarm fire until a cause was pinpointed, which was related to “wiring in the attic space.”
“There was some damage but no residents were displaced,” noted Keon. “No injuries at all.”
A Black Press freelancer at the scene said there were five fire trucks and 20 firefighters at the scene.