South Surrey house fire leaves two homeless

South Surrey house fire leaves two homeless

Barbecue believed responsible for Friday afternoon blaze

A fire in a South Surrey mobile home left two people homeless Friday afternoon (March 2).

The Surrey Fire Service said the blaze near 8 Avenue and 176 Street was reported around 5 p.m.

Three fire trucks responded.

Two occupants of the house escaped without serious injury, though both were transported to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Both have been temporarily relocated.

Damage to the house was extensive, and it is unlikely to be repairable, the fire department said.

It’s believed the blaze was started by a barbecue.