Born May 19, 1916 passed away peacefully on July 12, 2004 at the age of 88.
Predeceased by his parents David and Christina Davidson and his sister Peggy and husband Alec Campbell.
He is survived by his loving wife of 62 years Myrtle. Proud and loving father of Marny Gifford and David (Wendie).
Bill will be greatly missed by his four grandchildren Kim Lagler (Ryan), John Davidson, Erin McLean (Keith), David Gifford, his two great grandsons Jeremy and Josh Lagler, his niece Margie Frankish (Brian/OJ/Scott)and his nephew Glen Campbell (Cheryl, Jamie, Bekki).
Bill was born in Duntocher, Scotland and emigrated to Vancouver at the age of two. Upon graduation from U.B.C., Bill spent the next four years as a Bombing Instructor for the R.C.A.F., in Belville, Ontario.
Upon completion of his duties with the armed forces Bill & Myrtle moved to White Rock where they resided for the last 59 years. During this time Bill was employed for 39 years with the Surrey School District in capacity of teacher, principal of White Rock Elementary, White Rock Junior High School rising to Director of Instruction and then to his final position of Assistant Superintendent.
In honour on his commitment to education, children, the district and all those whose lives he touched “William F. Davidson Elementary” was named in his honour.
During his retirement Bill spent his time with Myrtle travelling, “snowbirding” to Mesa, Arizone with friends where he took up hobbies such as silversmithing, woodcrafting and photography.
This time was also spent building many memories with his family.
Though we grieve now, in days to come we will be able to look back over the years and remember the memories and love that filled our hearts.
The family would like to extend a very special thank you to the staff at the Northcrest Care Facility for their care and support in Bill’s final journey.
A Celebration of Bill’s Life was held on Wednesday July 28, 2004 at 1:00 p.m., at the Semiahmoo Fish and Game Club, 1284 – 184th Street, Surrey.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bill’s memory to the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation.