I’ve heard the public’s retorts regarding Mayor Wayne Baldwin’s attempt to remove Margaret Woods from White Rock council chambers (Mayor calls in police to eject former councillor, Sept. 30).
Let’s move forward and “remember what we all learned in kindergarten,” and if, by chance, like Ms. Woods, you missed this class, please allow me to recap:
• Share everything – this includes floor time;
• Play fair and listen – you may just learn something new;
• Don’t hit or stab people
• If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all
• Clean up your own mess and be responsible for your actions;
• Learn to say you’re sorry – forgiveness goes a long way;
• Live a balanced life – be grateful and polite;
• Take a nap every afternoon – it makes you less cranky;
• When you go out in the world, remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
I would like to thank Baldwin for his concern of the public’s safety and taking action when he felt necessary. Unfortunately, nowadays, you just never know…
C. Colby, White Rock