Shocking discovery

Editor:

Be warned, on Saturday I went for a bike ride with my family.

Editor:

Be warned, on Saturday I went for a bike ride with my family.

At one point while cycling along the ‘nature path,’ we passed under the power lines near the Pioneer Cycling and Pedestrian Overpass, and we all got shocked!

Our bikes were holding an ongoing electrical current. The metal under our seats and bar ends were literally shocking us.

It’s pretty scary that there is so much electricity in the air around those things.

Obviously the health and safety laws are not up to snuff around here.

I feel very sorry for the people who live so close to those high-powered lines.

Glen Hopkins, Surrey