The Kent Street Activity Centre kitchen will reopen to sell frozen meals on Monday, Jan. 18. Every Monday from 9 a.m. to noon, a variety of healthy and delicious meals are available, starting at $6.
All COVID health protocols will be in place. Only cash will be accepted. Please bring a bag and wear a mask.
• The 2021 Winter Recreation Guide will be online Dec. 29. Registration for winter programs begins 9 a.m., Jan. 4 online at whiterockcity.ca/register or by phone at 604-541-2199.
There is no in-person registration available at this time.
• Thank you to the Seniors Come Share Society and Oceana PARC for supporting the preparation and delivery of 80 Christmas meals to seniors in need in the community. Turkey dinners were cooked and prepared by Kent Street Centre kitchen volunteers.
• Holiday skates run Dec. 21-31, 10 a.m.-11:15 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Pre-registration is required at whiterockcity.ca/ or by calling 604-541-2199.
• The annual Christmas tree chip event is back this year as a drive-thru event on Jan. 3 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m at Centennial Arena parking lot.
Donations go to local charities and the BC Professional Firefighter’s Association Burn Fund.
• If you are in need of some help during the pandemic and not sure who to contact, please check out a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock Website at www.whiterockcity.ca/seniors
On behalf of staff at the Kent Street Activity Centre, we wish you all a warm and cozy Christmas and a happy, healthy and safe 2021.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to persons 55 years of age or better. For the latest COVID-19 updates from the City of White Rock, go online and visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19