Free drop-in seniors fitness classes will be held every Tuesday and Friday, 10:30 a.m., beginning this week at the Generations Playground.
Learn how to use the fitness equipment at this all-abilities playground in Centennial Park. Sign-up in advance by calling 604-541-2199.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre computer club invites new members to drop in on Wednesdays from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Each week there are different speakers to help members further their knowledge of computers, promote the exchange of ideas and provide learning experiences.
Visit www.wrscc.ca for more information. Remember, you can try out any of the Kent Street Activity groups three times before purchasing a membership. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Hey, guys…looking for a fitness class just for you?
Have a blast in an energetic and challenging fitness class for men only, ages 55-plus. Strength training, aerobics and stretching in a great class using bands and light weights. Nothing fancy about it, just fitness! Begins Thursday, April 4: Lite 8:15 a.m. and Moderate 9:15 a.m., in the Kent Street Activity Centre. Drop in with a group fitness pass.
• Assess your driving skills and habits on Thursday, April 11 at a senior driving workshop at White Rock Community Centre. Update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations. Co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing. Call 604-541-2199.
• Adults who sew – any age and skill level – are invited to join an ongoing sewing class where you can work on a project of your choice an get help/advice with it as you go.
Instructor Diana Consell will take you from darts and hems to alterations and fitting challenges. This innovative program begins Tuesday April 9, 9:30 a.m. to noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Do you love flowers and the art of flower arranging? On Sunday, April 28, join the BC Floral Art Society at Northview Golf and Country Club for an afternoon of demonstrations by an international award-winning floral artist, plus a gourmet lunch and door prizes. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up for this 55-plus excursion.
• See you tonight at the Kent Street Activity Centre for a night of social dancing to the great sounds of Swing City on stage in the Kent Street auditorium located at 1475 Kent St. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7-10 p.m.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.