Join award-winning magicians Jordan and Care for a cruise-ship style Magic Show with a High Tea Twist.
Mark Wednesday, July 24, 1:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre on your calendar and experience an entertaining magic show while you enjoy delicious high-tea goodies. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up.
• The Kent Street coffee shop is closing on Thursday, June 20 for the summer, reopening in September. Make sure you drop in for some delicious homemade cuisine, including soup and sandwiches, fresh baked goodies and hot lunch specials between 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Get stocked up for the summer months and pick up some nutritious, frozen dinners for only $6. The size of the meal is perfect for one person to enjoy for a couple of meals or two people to share.
• Swimming is a wonderful way to exercise and warm water-fitness classes are just the best. Take the White Rock, Recreation and Culture mini bus to the Tong Louie YMCA to participate in the Gentle Joints swim program. Enjoy a combination of body movements, stretches and exercises in a friendly, social atmosphere. The pool has a movable floor for easy entry. Call 604-541-2199 to register for the summer session starting Tuesday, July 2.
• Gain a thorough knowledge of three of the most popular free social-media platforms on Tuesday, June 25, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will be introduced in this three-session program. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Find out if White Rock Recreation and Culture’s Back Health class is for you! Do you experience chronic back pain? Learn how to strengthen the muscles that will assist you in achieving a healthy back. Summer session started Tuesday (June 11). Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre Lunch Club will be meeting at Sammy J’s in Morgan Crossing on Tuesday, June 25, at 11:30 a.m. Call the Centre at 604-541-2231 for the name and contact information for this month’s host.
• Get Up & Go is an entry-level exercise program for seniors with balance and mobility impairment. This safe exercise program is specially designed to improve strength, balance and co-ordination, as well as functional ability, independence and quality of life. Ask your health professional for a referral. The next class starts Wednesday, June 12.
Call 604-541-2199 to register or for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.