Registration for 2021 White Rock Recreation and Culture winter programs is online now at whiterockcity.ca/register or by phone at 604-541-2199.
Check out the recreation guide at whiterockcity.ca/register to see the variety of programs and activities available. Please remember that there is no in-person registration at this time.
• Do you have a new or gently used working tablet that you can donate to seniors in need and help them stay connected in this time of self-isolation?
The Kent Street Activity Centre is collecting tablets, disinfecting and reformatting them so they can then be distributed to seniors in the community. Please call the centre at 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Those delicious, healthy and affordable Kent Street Activity Centre frozen meals will be back on sale Monday, Jan. 18, from 9 a.m. until noon. Every Monday, a good variety of frozen meals and soups are available starting at $6. All COVID-19 health protocols will be in place so everyone can purchase their meals in a safe environment.Only cash will be accepted. Please bring a bag and wear a mask.
• If you enjoy working out with just a small group of people, then check out one of White Rock Recreation and Culture’s cardio gyms. The White Rock Community Centre offers a variety of daytime hours Monday through Friday, and the Centre for Active Living Gym has evening times available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To book a time slot visit whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199.
• Walk and Talk 55+ is a new walking program that gives you an opportunity to connect with others during a weekly walk through the quiet neighbourhoods and urban trails in White Rock.
Meet at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
This six-week program begins on Feb. 10, 1:30-2:30 p.m. To register, call 604-541-2199 or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• With the cold, wet weather, it is challenging to meet friends outside for a socially distanced visit. The Kent Street Activity Centre library is available to be reserved on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, for one hour to safely chat with up to three friends.
Please call 604-541-2231 to book your social pod or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Please remember, if you are in need of some help during the pandemic and not sure who to contact, please check out a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock’s website at www.whiterockcity.ca/seniors
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. For the latest COVID-19 updates, visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19