This Saturday, Feb. 9, be sure to drop in to the Kent Street Activity Centre for the annual Book and Bake Sale fundraiser. The number and selection of books has never been bigger.
Visit us between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and pick up some amazing books, delicious baking, homemade frozen soups and more from the Kent Street coffee shop.
• Travel Light II will focus on wardrobe selection and packing it all in a carry-on suitcase.
Learn to pack a colour-co-ordinated wardrobe considering weather, activities and local customs. Be sure to bring all your travel-wardrobe questions on Tuesday, Feb. 12, 7-9 p.m at the White Rock Community Centre.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this very informative workshop.
• Kent Street Activity Centre invites all cribbage and bid whist players every Thursday from 1-3 p.m. in the auditorium. Newcomers are welcome to this small and inviting group.
Pick up a three-visit guest pass and check us out before purchasing a White Rock Recreation and Culture membership. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• What is Emotional Freedom Technique? Find out on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 7-9 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. EFT/Tapping is one of the handiest life tools you will ever acquire. It is a safe and a non-invasive way of managing emotional energy that sometimes runs our lives. Register by calling 604-541-2199.
• Are you are looking for a fun activity to join, get some exercise and meet some new friends? Then why not drop down to the Kent Street Activity Centre every Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to noon for some carpet bowling?
Don’t worry if you have never played before. This friendly group will help you to learn how to play the game. Please call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Urban walks are a great way to discover the outdoors, get some fresh air and fitness and meet some new friends. These four weekly walks are on urban and forest/park trails.
Transportation is included in White Rock Recreation’s roomy passenger van. Enjoy two to three hours of the day walking at a moderate pace, followed by a café lunch stop (lunch not included).
Walkers can choose to be picked up at the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre or Centennial Arena. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you enjoy dancing to live music with friends, visit the Kent Street Activity Centre every Wednesday from 7-10 p.m. Tickets are available at the door.
This week, the music of the Silverstars will get you up on the dance floor. Singles and couples 50-plus welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For more, call 604-541-2231.