White Rock Recreation and Culture is excited to introduce online fitness videos to keep your mind and body moving while staying home during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are bringing you some or your favourite fitness and yoga classes online including Balance Class 65+ with Cari Plotnikoff, Yoga with Melanie Henderson, Body Works 50+ with Val Slaunwhite and Zumba Gold Chair with Mary Lou Rust. Check out www.whiterockcity.ca/OnlineRecreation.
• Sources Volunteer Income Tax Clinic is operating again at 882 Maple St. In-person tax services are available by appointment only to maintain social distancing. The schedule is Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 9 a.m. to noon.
Call 604-542-4357 to make an appointment and see if you are eligible to have your income tax completed through this service.
• Remember, if you are a senior who needs support in our community with non-medical essentials please register for the new Safe Seniors, Strong Communities Program where you will be matched up with volunteers who are willing to help. When you register as a senior or as a volunteer, your contact information will be shared with the United Way’s Better at Home program managed at the Come Share Society.
To register for services or to offer help call 2-1-1 or bc211.ca
• With the warmer weather here it is a great time to get outside in the fresh air, enjoy a walk respecting physical distancing and check out some of the City of White Rock’s public art. The objective of White Rock’s Public Art Program is to create artwork that is accessible to the public. Check out www.whiterockcity.ca/369/Public-Art to view the Public Art walking map or view the collection through the photo gallery on the website.
• Please continue to check out a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock Website www.whiterockcity.ca/834/Seniors
• The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to people over the age of 55.
The Centre is temporarily closed to the public and programs are cancelled to protect against the spread of COVID-19. For updates about the City of White Rock Facilities and programs, visit whiterockcity.ca/COVID19 or call the City of White Rock at 604-541-2100.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.