White Rock Recreation and Culture is gradually opening up some indoor facilities and are pleased to offer a limited selection of programs and activities to the community. Please check out the fall recreation guide, online Friday, Sept. 18 at www.whiterockcity/register. Registration for these fall programs begins Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 9 a.m. Registration can be done online at www.whiterockcity.ca or by calling 604-541-2199. There is no in-person registration as facilities will still be closed.
• All programs offered will be following strict COVID-19 protocol including pre-registration for all programs (no drop in), increased frequency and cleaning of facilities, no sharing of equipment in programs, health screening and hand washing required before and after every program.
• White Rock Recreation and Culture moved to a new registration system in the spring. If you have not already done so, please create an account using your email address in our new system by going online at www.whiterockcity/register.
If you need assistance there is an online tutorial video to view or call 604-541-2199.
• There is still some limited space in a variety of outdoor fitness, yoga, Zumba classes. This early fall session runs until the first week of October. A variety of classes will be offered in outdoor spaces in the community including Zumba, Cardio Combo, Body Works 50+, Fit Camp 55+, Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Stiff Guys and Yoga for Seniors. All of these outdoor programs will be following provincial health and safety guidelines to keep all participants safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Call 604-541-2199 to register or on line at www.whiterockcity.ca/register.
• Things are evolving daily with the pandemic. Get the latest COVID-19 City of White Rock updates at www.whiterockcity.ca/covid19.
• For a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock Website https://www.whiterockcity.ca/834/Seniors
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is temporarily closed to the public and programs are cancelled to protect against the spread of COVID-19. For updates visit whiterockcity.ca/COVID19 or call the City of White Rock at 604-541-2100.