The Kent Street Activity Centre kitchen is selling frozen meals every Monday from 9 a.m. to noon.
A variety of healthy, nutritious meals, soups and homemade jams available starting at $6.
All COVID-19 health protocols will be in place so everyone can purchase their meals in a safe environment. Only cash will be accepted. Please bring a bag and wear a mask.
• Evening one-hour reserved cardio gym times are available at the Centre for Active Living and one-hour blocks are available at the White Rock Community Centre. This is a great way to exercise individually and safely with a maximum of five people at one time. Book online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or over the phone at 604-541-2199. Cardio gyms will be open until Wednesday, Dec. 23.
• Mark Tuesday, Dec. 29 on your calendar as the date that the 2021 winter recreation guide will be online. Registration for all White Rock Recreation and Culture winter programs begins at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 4, either online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199. No in-person registration at this time.
• The new outdoor table tennis table has arrived at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Drop down with your own paddle and ball and enjoy a game or two. The table was a partnership between the Kent Street Table Tennis Activity group, the Kent Street Seniors Society and the City of White Rock. The community can enjoy the outdoor table year-round.
• Ice skating has returned to Centennial Arena and what better way to get some exercise than at a Silver Blades skate Wednesday and Friday 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Pre-registration is required and can be done online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or by calling 604-541-2199.
• Looking for that perfect gift? Drop down to the White Rock Museum and Archives until Sunday, Dec. 20 for their seasonal pop-up event featuring well-known local artists and craftspeople. Exciting new vendors each week. Hours of operation are Tuesday to Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. For more information call 604-541-2221 or visit www.whiterockmuseum.ca
• For a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock Website please check out www.whiterockcity.ca/seniors
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. For the latest COVID-19 City of White Rock updates, visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19