The Kent Street Players Activity Group meets every Friday 3-5 p.m. at the Centre. This theatre group performs every spring and fall at the Centre and at senior’s facilities in the community. Currently the group is looking for more male actors to join their group. If you are interested in learning more about the group, drop down on a Friday afternoon and check them out. You can attend any Kent Street Activity group three times as a guest before purchasing membership. Ask for your guest pass on your first visit. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• If you enjoy dancing to live bands come down to the Kent Street Activity Centre on a Wednesday night for a fun evening of dancing and socializing with others. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7 – 9:30 p.m. Oct. 5 is the Alpiners and Oct. 12 enjoy the sounds of the Silverstars. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Have you ever wondered who Simon Fraser was? Come and find out on Thursday, Oct. 13, 1:30 – 3 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. We have Simon Fraser University, the Fraser River and Fraser Highway but who actually was Simon Fraser? Come and learn the story of this un-recognized founder of B.C. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Piano Playing Therapy for Mind and Body gives you hands-on activities to do on a keyboard that will help keep your brain active and your body stronger. Receive an additional benefit of learning to play the piano and sight reading music. No piano experience needed. This eight-week program begins on Oct. 3, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The Kent Street Computer Activity Group always welcomes new members to join them on Wednesday afternoons, 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Drop in and hear a presentation, or receive a lesson on something new in the tech world.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed on Friday, Sept. 30 for the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Semiahmoo Frist Nation has planned a full day of activities including a Flag Raising at White Rock City Hall at 10 a.m. followed by the Walk for Truth and Reconciliation at 1 p.m. To find out more event details check out whiterockcity.ca/calendar. Orange Every Child Matters T-shirts, featuring Semiahmoo First Nation artwork will be available for sale at the Kent Street Activity Centre this week and then for sale at Semiahmoo Park Sept. 30.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent Street is open to persons 55 years of age or better.