White Rock Recreation and Culture has a fabulous selection of excursions planned for the spring. Check them out at www.whiterockcity/register and then plan to register tomorrow (Thursday, March 12) at 9 a.m. for online registration, or 1 p.m. for in-person or phone-in. Call 604-541-2199 for more information or if you need assistance to create or log in to your account in our new registration system.
• Hey, guys, looking for a fitness class just for you? Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. have a blast in an energetic and challenging fitness class for men only, ages 50+. Strength training, aerobics and stretching in a great class using bands and light weights. Nothing fancy about it, just fitness. Drop in to the Kent Street Activity Centre with an Active Pass.
• The table tennis activity group at Kent Street Activity Centre is always looking for new players to join them. With so many different times to play during including weekends, evenings and weekdays there is no excuse that you can’t find something to fit your schedule! Not a White Rock Recreation and Culture member? Come try out table tennis or any other activity group three times before becoming a paid member. Call 604-541-2231 for more information or drop in at the centre any time to check out all the activities you can become involved in.
• Have you been thinking about dropping down to Kent Street Activity Centre and checking it out? Well, Monday, April 27 is the perfect time as we are holding an open house from 2-3:30 p.m. Talk to volunteers involved in the 17 activity groups, enjoy free refreshments, tours and join in on some active demonstrations with the carpet bowling, table tennis, snooker and sing-along groups. Call 604-541-2231 for information and to register for this free event.
• Registration is open now for the Kent Street Seniors Society’s Spring Bridge Tournament to be held on Friday, March 27. Register with a partner and enjoy an afternoon of contract bridge. Sign up at Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park offices, or phone 604-541-2199. No tickets will be available at the door. Tickets are only $10.
• Do certain foods raise cholesterol? How about clogging arteries and blood pressure? Learn about research-based diet and lifestyle strategies to help reduce your risk factors for common cardiovascular issues. Learn about some diet and lifestyle strategies for cardiovascular health on Tuesday, March 17, 10 a.m. to noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The Alpiners are on stage tonight at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Tickets sold at the door. Singles, couples 50+ are welcome, doors open at 6:30 p.m. with social dancing 7-10 p.m. We look forward to seeing you tonight!
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities call 604-541-2231.