White Rock Recreation and Culture’s new registration system is coming this spring.
Kent Street Activity Centre will be holding presentations on what this new system means for you on Wednesday, Feb. 12, from 12-1:15 p.m., and from 1:30-2:15 p.m.
Learn about creating your own customer account so you are ready to register for spring and summer programs. There is no cost, and pre-registration is not required.
Refreshments will be served.
• Congratulations to the Kent Street Seniors Society for a very successful Book and Bake sale last weekend.
Many quality books are still available for sale and will be in the library at the centre for the next few weeks.
Drop in for a coffee, check out all the wonderful things you can do at Kent Street Activity Centre and buy yourself a book or two!
Soft covers are only $1, hardcovers $2.
• No matter your age, your body needs vitamins and minerals to ensure all your vital functions. Your cupboards may be full of supplements, but do you really need them?
Did you know the supplements you are taking can sometimes affect your medication?
Learn from an experienced pharmacist about the top supplements seniors should be taking, as well as contraindications. Thursday, Feb. 20, 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the Centre for Active Living.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Learn how to protect yourself from payment card, telephone and email frauds.
This interactive Fraud Awareness workshop will focus on generic examples of different types of frauds and specific things you can do to reduce the chances of becoming a victim.
Pre-registration is required by calling 604-541-2199.
This workshop is co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing and the RCMP, and is on Feb. 19, 10 a.m. to noon at the White Rock Community Centre. Cost is only $5.
• The Kent Street lunch group is meeting at S & L Kitchen and Bar at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
If you enjoy going out for lunch and meeting some new friends, this social, welcoming group is for you.
Call 604-541-2231 to get the name of this month’s host.
• Assess your driving skills and habits on Feb. 20 at a Senior Driving workshop, 9-11 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations. This workshop is co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing. Call now to register for this very informative workshop – 604-541-2199.
Cost is only $5.
• The Kent Street dance committee welcomes you to their Wednesday night dances.
Each night a different band is featured playing live music for social dancing. Singles and couples aged 50-plus are welcome.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7-10 p.m. Refreshments served midway. This week’s (Feb. 12) featured band is Greg Hampson.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people who are 55 years of age or better. For more information, call 604-541-2231.