Registration is now open for all fall White Rock Recreation and Culture programs and activities. You won’t believe all the things you can do! Check out the online guide at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Volunteers are needed to help in the Kent Street Activity Centre coffee shop. Tasks include peeling, chopping, washing dishes, serving customers, taking orders and helping with baking. Four-hour shifts begin at 9 a.m., Monday to Thursday (times may vary slightly depending on the day). If you are interested, fill out a volunteer application form available at the White Rock Community Centre and the Centennial Park Leisure Centre. Please call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Chair Yoga is the perfect program for older adults with mobility or other physical challenges. This program has no floor work. Sign up for a Wednesday or Thursday class, 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. beginning the week of Sept. 13. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Movement for Fitness is a gentle exercise class that includes cardio and strength training and no floor work. Exercises can also be done seated. Sign up now for this class beginning Tuesday, Sept. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199.
• The ever-so-popular Yoga for Seniors program has some space available. Morning and afternoon classes starting the week of Sept. 13 with Melanie Henderson. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Osteofit is a safe and effective strength, balance and co-ordination program specifically designed for those with osteoporosis and osteopenia, and those at risk of falling. Osteofit for Life – Level 2 is starting on Monday, Sept. 13, 11:15 a.m. to 12: 15 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Register now for this Monday/Wednesday program online at whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199.
• Sign up for a free Zoom Zumba Gold class on Thursday, Aug. 26, 1-2:30 p.m. Zumba is a perfect, safe and fun exercise class for older adults. Register now by calling 604-531-9400, ext. 219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 604-541-2199.