Registration for all White Rock Recreation and Culture summer programs begins tomorrow (Friday, May 21) at 8:30 a.m., online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or by phone at 604-541-2199.
There is no in-person registration at this time. Visit www.whiterockcity.ca/register to check out the summer guide with a wide variety of programs available that will keep you active, engaged and connected. All summer programs this year will either be virtual or outdoors with COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre’s coffee shop will be closed on Monday, May 24 for Victoria Day but will reopen on Monday, May 31 at 9 a.m. with a fabulous selection of low-cost, nutritious and delicious frozen meals, soups, jams and baked goods. Check out the City of White Rock’s Facebook site the Friday before Monday to see the menu for that day. Not on social media?
The menu will also be posted on the City’s website at whiterockcity/seniors
• If you are looking to workout in an indoor cardio gym space with no crowds and a very friendly atmosphere, White Rock Recreation and Culture has the gym for you! The Centre for Active Living has evening times available and the White Rock Community Centre offers daytime options. To book a 60-minute time slot visit whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199.
• Join Melanie Henderson for a Zoom Yoga for Everyone class on Wednesdays from 1:15-2:30 p.m. This program offers a gentle practice using awareness of the body, movement and breathing to bring a sense of calm and well-being. To register or for more information call 604-541-2199.
• The next session of the popular Walk and Talk program begins Wednesday, May 26, 9:30–10:30 a.m. Meet at the Kent Street Activity Centre and spend one hour exploring the quiet neighbourhoods and urban trails in White Rock. Enjoy the company of others as you walk at a leisurely pace. Walks go rain or shine and are led by an experienced, first aid-certified instructor.
Register online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199.
• Just a reminder not to forget to sign up for a free Zoom Zumba Gold class on Thursday, May 27, 1-2:30 p.m. Join Zumba instructor Mary Lou Rust for an enjoyable afternoon learning easy-to-follow choreography to Latin and international-inspired music from the comfort of your own home. The Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table and the City of White Rock are continuing to host free Zoom Zumba Gold workshops over the next few months. This a perfect, safe and fun exercise class for older adults. Register now for this popular event by calling 604-531-9400, ext.219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is brought to you by the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Healthy Community Grant Program.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, 604-541-2199.