Kent Street Activity Centre invites all cribbage and bid whist players every Thursday from 1-3:15 p.m. in the auditorium.
Don’t forget that newcomers are welcome to a three-visit guest pass before purchasing a White Rock Recreation and Culture membership. This friendly and social group welcomes new players each week. There is lots of room for more players so do not be shy – drop in and give us a try!
• Tickets are selling fast for the Kent Street Choristers’ performance of A Rainbow of Music on Friday, May 17, 7:30 p.m. The concert will be held at the White Rock Baptist Church.
Tickets are $15, children 12 and under are free. Tickets are available from choir members or at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2231.
• The Kent Street Players present Home Sweet Home and Can I put you on Hold?, two hilarious comedies directed by Rita Humphreys. The plays will be performed this Saturday, May 4, at 2 p.m. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Light refreshments are also provided. What a fabulous way to spend a Saturday. Call 604-541-2231 for more.
• Walk With Your Doc is this Friday, May 3 at 7:30 a.m. Come down to the White Rock Museum and start your morning off right with an enjoyable walk along the promenade. The first 100 people will receive a free T-shirt. Snacks and coffee will be provided.
• A Rocha Heritage farm and environmental centre is teaming up with the Kent Street Activity Centre for an overnight retreat full of culinary adventures and artistic delights.
Activities include a garden-sourced dinner by the cob oven, music under the stars, painting by the river and more. All meals included. Register now for this fun event, happening June 14-15. Options for those who don’t wish to stay overnight are also available. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesdays, 7-10 p.m., for all those 50-plus who enjoy social dancing to live music. On stage tonight is the Silver Stars. Purchase tickets at the door.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For more, call 604-541-2231.