White Rock Recreation and Culture Spring programs begin next week but there is still time for you to sign up for your favourite courses and activities. Check out the spring recreation guide and register online at whiterockcity.ca/register. You can also register by phone at 604-541-2199. There is no in-person registration at this time.
• Connect with others outside on a weekly walk through the quiet neighbourhoods and urban trails in White Rock. Another Walk and Talk session got underway Wednesday, March 31. The walks, from 1:30-2:30 p.m, go rain or shine and are led by an experienced and first aid-certified leader. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Yoga Stretch blends stretching and strengthening postures, breath work and guided meditation techniques combined in such a way to help reduce and manage stress. Sign up for this class beginning Thursday, April 8, 6-7 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• White Rock Recreation and Culture is offering a variety of beginner computer programs that will help you keep connected with family, friends and even some recreation programs and activities. Learn to use Zoom, review iPad basics or discover how to better navigate Windows 10. Check out the spring recreation guide at whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre Coffee Shop will be closed on Monday, April 5 (Easter Monday.) Be sure to drop down when frozen meal sales resume on Monday, April 12, 9 a.m. till noon. A variety of nutritious, low-cost frozen meals are prepared in the Kent Street Activity Centre kitchen weekly. Cash only and please bring your own bags. If you are unable to get to the Centre and would like to order meals for delivery please contact Denisa Biela at the Seniors Come Share Society. Call 604-531-9400, ext. 207, or email Denisa.Biela@comeshare.ca
• Many older adults find it difficult to get enough sleep. This online Zoom workshop presented by the Seniors Health and Wellness Institute will explore the reasons and the remedies plus provide information about lifestyle changes that can help. There is no cost for this workshop on Wednesday, April 28, 10:30 a.m. to noon, but pre-registration is required. Please call 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 604-541-2199. For the latest COVID-19 City of White Rock updates visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19