Registration for 2021 White Rock Recreation and Culture winter programs is ongoing and there are many programs that still have space, including yoga classes, Osteofit, Tai Chi, walking programs, computer lessons, health workshops and more.
Check out whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199 to sign up for your favorite program.
• Some higher intensity adult fitness and dance programs are on hold due to the extension of the Provincial Health Order to Feb. 8, 2021. Please check which programs are affected online at whiterockcity.ca/recreation
• The wait is over.
This Monday, Jan. 18, Kent Street Activity Centre’s frozen meals will be back on sale from 9 a.m. to noon. Every Monday, a fabulous variety of frozen meals and soups are available starting at $6.
All COVID health protocols will be in place, so everyone can purchase their meals in a safe environment. Only cash will be accepted. Please bring a bag and wear a mask.
• Learn how to use Zoom to connect with family, friends and participate in interesting virtual and online classes.
The next workshop is 11 a.m. to noon at the White Rock Community Centre. To register, call 604-541-2199.
• Restorative Yoga uses yoga techniques to restore optimal breathing, learn body awareness and gently strengthen to regain health and vitality.
Classes begin Monday, Jan. 18, 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. or Tuesday, Jan. 19, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Improve your strength, balance, co-ordination and cardio fitness in an Osteofit classes designed for those with osteoporosis. Osteofit advanced offers a safe and effective exercise program where all exercises are done standing. Beyond Osteofit 2 is designed for those who are actively mobile and want to further improve strength and balance as well as cardio fitness.
For more information or to register, call 604-541-2199.
• The Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table and Fraser Health are hosting a free Zoom webinar on Advance Care Planning on Friday, Jan. 29 from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
If you are interested in participating in this presentation please register before Jan. 25 by calling 604-541-8653.
• Please remember, if you are in need of some help during the pandemic and not sure who to contact, check out a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock website at www.whiterockcity.ca/seniors
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone at 604-541-2199. For COVID-19 updates from the City of White Rock, visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19