Live life to its fullest at the Kent Street Activity Centre!
We have an amazing array of programs, activities and services. Keep active and connected and participate in fun activities such as Fun Bridge every Wednesday from 1-3 p.m.
Make new friends in this social group while enjoying this game of strategy in a non-competitive environment.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information or pick up a guest pass that will let you try out an activity three times before purchasing a membership.
• The Kent Street Lunch Club will be meeting for lunch on Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 11:30 a.m. at the Curry Lounge in Grandview Central. To join them, call the Kent Street Activity Centre at 604-541-2231 for the name of this month’s host/ hostess.
• On Monday, Oct. 21, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Kent Street Activity Centre and a Medicine Shoppe Pharmacist will be offering an interactive health talk focusing on diabetes and pre-diabetes.
One in three Canadians suffer from this condition, which can have very serious complications.
Learn more about diabetes and why everyone should understand what their target blood sugar number is.
After the talk, stay to have your blood sugar checked.
Call 604-541-2199 to sign up for this workshop which is free for White Rock Recreation and Culture members and only $8 for non-members.
• Do you enjoy cooking, meeting new people, giving back to the community? The Kent Street Coffee shop is looking for kitchen volunteers to assist in preparation, cooking and serving in their very busy coffee shop.
If you have some time on your hands, we would love to have you part of our volunteer team. Various days/shifts available. Call 604-541-2231 for more, or drop into the Kent Street Activity Centre and fill out a volunteer application form.
• Do you love to travel but hate hauling a big suitcase around or paying airline luggage fees?
On Tuesday, Oct. 22, 7-9 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre, join Rhonda Dillion in this fun and interactive class where you will learn to travel in all climates, for any length of trip using a carry-on bag only. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Are you getting sick every fall season? Maybe you need to boost your immune system.
There are many ways to naturally support your body to prevent, flu, colds and other illnesses. On Wednesday, Oct. 16, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. discover the healing powers of reflexology and how it can improve the function of the immune system. Take away some self-help tips on how to stay healthy this fall. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Drop down to Kent Street Activity Centre tonight (Wednesday) for the weekly dance in the auditorium. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and Greg Hampson will be on stage from 7-10 p.m.
Everyone 50+ is welcome. Light refreshments will be served.
• Happy Thanksgiving from all the staff at the Kent Street Activity Centre. The Centre will be closed on Monday, Oct. 14, reopening at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 15.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.