The Winter 2011 White Rock Leisure Guide is here.
Yours should be tucked in most of Tuesday’s copies of the Peace Arch News.
For your convenience, White Rock Leisure Services Memberships for 2012 can be renewed in person at any of the White Rock Leisure Services facilities or online at webreg.whiterockcity.ca
Program registration is currently open to members, with registration for non-members opening on Nov. 30.
You won’t believe all the things you can do!
• By popular demand, we are offering a second Christmas Evergreen Centrepiece Workshop on Dec. 8 at 2 p.m.
Wow your guests this holiday season by making your own spectacular Christmas table centerpiece using a variety of evergreens and fragrant conifers. All supplies included.
For more info and to register 604-541-2199.
• Why not kick off the New Year with a great trip to see the Brackendale Eagles?
Enjoy an outing with friends or meet new people within the comfort of a White Rock Leisure Services day trip.
On Jan. 18, hop on the White Rock Leisure Services mini-coach to the Eagle Reserve and experience this magnificent display as hundreds of bald eagles congregate on the shores of the rivers surrounding Brackendale. This excursion includes guided tour and lunch.
For more information, please call 604-541-2199.
• Regular exercise can help reduce the pain and limitations associated with arthritis and improve overall quality of life.
The Joint Works program was developed by the Arthritis Society and is conducted by a certified instructor. The Joint Works Arthritis Exercise Program is two mornings per week starting Jan. 10 at the Centre for Active Living.
For more information or to register, please call 604-541-2199.
• Pat Faulkner will be offering four different cooking programs, starting Jan. 31 with Curries of Thailand.
Other cooking classes include Soups & Quick Breads, Easy Winter Casseroles, and International Flavors – Italy, Greece & Thailand.
These classes will focus on making nutritious and delicious meals.
For more information or to register, please call 604-541-2291.
• There are many benefits to the slow and focused movements of Tai Chi: improving balance and co-ordination, but also calming the mind.
White Rock Leisure Services is offering an Introduction to Tai Chi (24 form) starting Jan. 9 at 10:45 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
If you prefer an evening class, Introduction to Tai Chi (Yang style) starts Jan. 19 at 6:30 p.m. at Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
For info, please call 604-541-2199.
• Come dancing with Gracie & the Guys live on stage at Kent Street’s Wednesday night dance.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing from 7:30 to 10:30. Refreshments served midway.
Tickets purchased at the door. Open to all 50+, both couples and singles are welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.