Happy Valentine’s this week. May you enjoy the company of family and friends.
Kent Street would be happy to provide the backdrop for a meaningful day, whether you join one of our fitness classes, or stop in to the coffee shop to have a Valentine treat, there are many ways to celebrate.
Kick up your heels at our Wednesday, Feb. 11 dance with Good Vibrations, get into the wintery spirit at the Silver Blades Skate Feb. 13, or purchase a gift certificate for your loved one that they can put towards one of the many programs or activities offered.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• If you enjoy working in wood, join the Peninsula Woodcarvers group that meets every Tuesday at Semiahmoo Secondary from 6:45-9 p.m.
All skill levels are welcome. A White Rock Leisure Services membership is required; call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• If you have Type 2 diabetes or are at risk for diabetes, consider attending the Fit with Diabetes sessions that started Jan. 13.
Led by a certified exercise specialist in a small group setting, you will learn: how much exercise you need; how to get started and how to keep going.
Classes run Fridays from noon to 2 p.m. for three weeks ending Feb. 27.
Come prepared to participate in this interactive class.
Register at 604-541-2199.
• Tie on your apron and come cooking with Pat Faulkner in the Kent Street kitchen.
Unravel the mystery of Indian spices and discover how to make delicious chicken curry, chapatis, raitas and an assortment of delightful treats in Indian cuisine on Feb. 28.
Bring the flavour of Greece to your cooking as you learn to prepare simple dishes like Greek salad, baklava, spinach pies and hummus on Saturday, March 7.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with authentic Irish fare. A piping hot bowl of Guinness cheddar soup, a unique warm woodland salad with champagne vinaigrette and an apple bramble cake with Bushmills cream sauce are on the menu Thursday evening, March 12.
To register for any or all of these classes call 604-541-2199.
• Lenka Suchanek, an accomplished lace maker and lace artist, invites you to experience the beautiful world of handmade lace.
The Morning with Lace class will be held on Feb. 24 at Kent Street.
Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• Fresh & Lively Lunches are held the first three Fridays of each month at the Kent Street Activity Centre from 12:30-2:30 p.m. and includes fresh food, lively entertainment and transportation for only $7.
Call Seniors Come Share for more information and to register, 604-531-9400.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.