Expand your culinary repertoire in our Thai Cooking Class scheduled for Saturday, April 6 at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tasty curries, tangy noodles and soup dishes will be made as the many exciting flavours of mystical Thailand are explored. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Take in masterpieces from artists such as Gainsborough, Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Turner and many more on our excursion to the Seattle Art Museum May 8.
View works from the spectacular collection of Kenwood House in London, England, a magnificent painting collection known as the Iveagh Bequest which will be travelling outside the United Kingdom for the first time.
Trip includes admission and dinner. Call 604-541-2199 to register, space is limited.
• Cultivate inner peace with a meditation course offered through Leisure Services starting April 6. Participate in our Chinese Zen meditation class and learn with an accredited teacher.
Explore the benefits, rationale, guiding principles and methods for calming the mind and exploring the self. Sessions will include meditation while sitting and walking, as well as mindfulness in daily living and practical suggestions for maintaining a regular meditation routine. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Learn a unique, fun way to move in the lighthearted belly dance beginner/intermediate class starting April 8. Learn the basics from experienced instructor Elizabeth Carefoot; you’ll have so much fun you’ll forget you’re exercising! Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Set to joyful and uplifting samba music the fun, energetic women-only Brazilian dance classes start April 18 at 8 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Beginners are welcome – even if you have never danced samba, you will easily pick up the graceful moves of this fun, energetic and sensual dance. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you are looking for a gentle activity to participate in with friends, why not come to the Kent Street Activity Centre every Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. for carpet bowling?
Join us for this game of skill and strategy.
Come as a guest and try it before purchasing your White Rock Leisure Services annual membership. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Learn the art of Tai Chi in our multi-level courses scheduled to begin April 10. Tai Chi is practised by many to reduce stress and ease a variety of health conditions.
Often described as meditation in motion, Tai Chi promotes serenity through gentle, flowing movements. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you are interested in learning how to play Bid Whist, join us for a free workshop on April 8 and 15, from 1-2 p.m. at Kent Street. This course is for members only; sign up for a membership today and enjoy this benefit among many more.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Do you enjoy social dancing in the company of friends? If so, drop in to the Kent Street Activity Centre on Wednesdays from 7:30-10:30 p.m. for social dancing to live music. Buy your tickets at the door (open at 7 p.m.).
The Kent Street Activity Centre is open to persons 55 years of age or better. Kent Street offers a number of popular lifestyle, active living and services to seniors. 2013 memberships are now available. Call 604-541-2231 or visit webreg.whiterockcity.ca