Get your tickets for the Kent Street Seniors Society’s Bridge Luncheon, Friday, Oct. 30.
Enjoy a delicious lunch followed by an afternoon of contract bridge.
Advance tickets are available at Kent Street Centre, White Rock Community Centre, and Centennial Park offices.
Register with a partner. No tickets at the door. Call 604-541-2231.
• Looking for a different kind of exercise?
Why not try skating at Centennial Arena every Wednesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the weekly Silver Blades skate.
Slide and glide with a loved one or friend to some great tunes.
Schedule a day with family and bring the kids and grandkids for a family skate Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. or Sundays at 2:30 p.m.
Skates and helmets are available for rent. Call the skating information line at 604-541-2171.
• Pull up a chair and enjoy an informative and entertaining travel presentation on Norway, Thursday, Oct. 8 and 15, 1:30-3 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. To register, call 604-541-2199.
• Callers are needed for Tuesday afternoon Bingo at the Kent Street Activity Centre. If you enjoy this game of luck and chance, and have a few hours to spare, please call 604-541-2231 or drop in to Bingo any Tuesday afternoon from 1-3 p.m.
• Kent Street Centre hosted the Dairy Queen Cribbage Tournament on Sept. 25.
Great fun was had by all who participated. Congratulations to this year’s tournament winners, Doug Giles and Bernie Rowell.
Many thanks to this year’s organizers, the Perreaults. Special thanks to the local businesses and individuals who donated many wonderful door prizes and awards: Dairy Queen (Howatt family), The Brewing Experience, IHOP Restaurant, La Baia Restaurant, Road Runner Automotive, Washington Ave Grill, The Boat House Restaurant, Bank of Montreal, Kennedy Hall Association, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria and personal donors Lois Paul, Charlotte Parsons and Loretta Holmes.
• Come in for social dancing to live music at the Kent Street Centre auditorium Wednesdays, 7:30-10:30 p.m. Tickets at the door (open at 7 p.m.). Refreshments served midway.
This week, G7 will be on stage to keep your toes tapping to some great tunes. Tickets are $5 for members and $6 for non-members.
n Happy Thanksgiving from all the staff at the Kent Street Activity Centre. The Centre will be closed on Oct. 12, reopening at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 13.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.