Be sure to keep your eye out for the Winter Leisure Guide.
Chock full of activities and programs, it will be mailed to White Rock residences the week of Nov. 19 and will be available online at http://webreg.whiterockcity.ca for viewing on Nov. 22.
Copies will also be available starting Nov. 27 at any City of White Rock facility. Member registration day is Nov. 26 and non-member registration starts Nov. 28.
Classes fill up quickly, so don’t hesitate to visit the White Rock Community Centre, Centennial Arena or Kent Street Activity Centre, or call 604-541-2199 and register today.
• The White Rock Leisure Services Dramatics group will be presenting a lively Theatre Variety Show in the Kent Street auditorium on Dec. 8 at 2:30 p.m.
This fun event features scenes from some of the students’ favourite plays, so be sure to come out and enjoy.
Admission is by donation at the door. Call 604-541-2231 for more info.
• Calling all knitters, stitchers and sewers.
Bring your own fibre project to the Kent Street Activity Centre on Fridays from 1-3 p.m. and join in on the Stitch and Chat.
What a great way to swap tips and share ideas.
To join call the Kent Street Activity Centre at 604-541-2231.
• Limited tickets are still available at the front desk of the Kent Street Activity Centre for the Chorister’s Light the Candle Concert presented at the First United Church. Enjoy beautiful melodies and welcome the Christmas season with warmth on Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15, children under 12 are free. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Our ever popular Mistletoe Dinner is scheduled for Dec. 6 from 4-7 p.m. at Kent Street.
Door prizes and fantastic entertainment will get you into the Christmas spirit.
Tickets are available to members ($14) and their guests ($16). Be sure to pick up your tickets early during office hours at Kent Street because they do sell out quickly.
• There is one more flu clinic available for seniors 65+ and those with chronic health conditions.
It will be held at Centennial Park Leisure Centre (14600 N. Bluff) on Thursday, Nov. 15, from 9 a.m. till noon. No appointment required.
Please contact Fraser Health at 604-542-4000 for other clinics or to make an appointment at their Vine Street location.
• The Kent Street Dance committee welcomes Good Vibrations tomorrow night at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tickets sold at the door are $5 for members/$6 for non members. Singles 50+ welcome, doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing 7:30-10:30.
• Take refuge from the rain and cold at the White Rock Community Centre to enjoy a film entitled, Edwin Boyd: Citizen Gangster as part of our Get REEL Film Series.
Take in a Canadian version of a Bonnie and Clyde story, with Boyd as the social bandit/Robin Hood like character, Nov. 28, 7-9 p.m.
This film will be sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Tickets are $10 each. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• As the busy season of Christmas approaches, we sometimes have to remind ourselves to stay within the moment.
Our mindfulness courses can help you do just that.
Mindful Eating provides an opportunity to develop healthy eating habits, Mindful Qigong uses gentle movements to help center the body and mind, while our Mindfulness Troubleshooting workshop will help even the most restless minds find tranquility.
Courses start mid-November, call 604-541-2199 to register today.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.