The Kent Street Activity Centre is currently closed for annual maintenance and cleanup, reopening on Tuesday, Aug. 2 at 8:30 a.m.
The friendly staff at the White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park Leisure Centre will be happy to assist you with program registrations and inquiries at 604-541-2199.
• The White Rock Business Improvement Association in partnership with the City of White Rock is proud to present TD Concerts at the Pier. This popular, free, summer concert series is on the waterfront near the White Rock Pier.
The next concert is this Saturday, July 23, featuring Beyond the Eyes, Field Study and The Washboard Union. Entertainment begins at 7 p.m. For more information, visit concertsatthepier.com
• Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo… help Juliet find her Romeo on Aug. 13 at the Bard on the Beach performance of Romeo and Juliet. Limited seats available. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Did you know the City of White Rock features over 80 acres of park land? Enjoy the majestic views from hillside walkways, a quiet family barbecue at Bayview Park or an evening stroll along the picturesque promenade. Information and maps are available at www.whiterockcity.ca, White Rock Library, City Hall or at any of the White Rock Recreation Centres.
• Learn how to paint like those famous watercolour artists in a one-day workshop on Friday, July 29, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., with artist Danny Chen at the White Rock Community Centre. Learn how to interpret complicated building landscapes with your heart, discover the importance of tone and how to apply colour to create an atmospheric and expressive painting.
Painting supplies are included. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Enjoy delicious cuisine, live music and the magnificent Vancouver skyline on a Sunset Dinner Cruise Monday, Aug. 15. Limited space available. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Here’s a great way to start your day with activity and adventure. From 8-11 a.m., enjoy a morning explorer kayak tour of beautiful Semiahmoo Bay as it comes to life. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Are you an experienced Nordic walker who enjoys walking with others and exploring new locations? The Nordic Stride Club meets three times per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) at various locations. White Rock Recreation and Culture membership required.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.