The White Rock Summer Recreation Guide can be viewed online starting Thursday, May 14.
Registration opens for members on Friday, May 22 and for non-members on Wednesday, May 27.
Register online at whiterockcity.ca, by phone at 604-541-2199 or at Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre or Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
There is everything from arts to Zumba for adults and those 55+.
Your visiting grandchildren from near and far will also enjoy active summer camps and creative endeavours.
Plan ahead – don’t be disappointed.
• Using Windows 7, create your first Word document on Monday, May 25 at 9:30 a.m.
Course includes changing page margins, fixing spelling errors, inserting a file or picture, saving, file management and more.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Do you find yourself slouching in a chair? Do you experience pain in your body at the end of the day?
With the Alexander Technique workshop held Saturday, May 16, learn how to be at ease in your body and to find balance in sitting, standing, walking or any other activity without strain. Call to register 604-541-2199.
• Do you find the dinner hour a hard time to be at home alone? Not sure what to cook for dinner for one?
Join us in the Kent Street kitchen Thursdays starting May 21 at 4 p.m., as we create a meal, enjoy the meal together and take a meal home to enjoy later.
Recipes are homey, simple and created in an easy, fun atmosphere. Call 604-541-2199.
• Do you have a sensitivity to gluten?
Plan to attend the May 22, 10 a.m. Health Talk on gluten-free products and celiac disease.
Learn about celiac disease detection, treatment and common misconceptions. Tips will also be provided for product selection at the grocery and pharmacy if you are looking at a gluten-free lifestyle.
This presentation is at the Centre for Active Living and is free to pre-registered members and only $5 for non-members.
• Travel Photography, held on May 23 at 9:30 a.m., is a perfect class for anyone wanting to take better travel and vacation photos.
Information will be provided on what to pack, how to research before you go, what to look for when you are on your trip and how to show your friends your images when you get home.
Topics include use of light, photographing people/wildlife, what lenses to use and more. Call 604-541-2199.
• There are still a few seats left in the May 26 Introduction to Computers Laptop class at the White Rock Community Centre.
Bring your laptop and learn how to create documents, folders, and save, open and format them. Learn how to copy and paste, insert pictures, change margins, print files and more. Call 604-541-2199.
• Good Vibrations will be playing at Kent Street Activity Centre this week at our Wednesday night dance from 7:30-10:30 p.m., doors open at 7 p.m. Refreshments served midway, singles and couples 50+ welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.