Looking for natural ways to alleviate joint pain?
At the Natural Remedies for Arthritis presentation, you will learn about methods using herbs, clay and essential oils to relieve pain and ease joint movements without side-effects or complications.
The presentation is on April 28 at the Kent Street Activity Centre, 7-9 p.m. Please call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The game of golf can be an excellent way for older people to keep themselves active and in good health. Playing golf in later life has another important advantage. It is a game you can play with your own children and grandchildren.
White Rock Recreation and Culture is offering level 1 and level 2 golf lessons on Wednesday evenings or Saturday mornings in April, May and June.
For more information and to register, call 604-541-2199.
• Enjoy a free smoothie and learn new tips to keep fit at the benefits of exercise workshop scheduled for April 17 and 24, at noon at the Centre for Active Living.
Be sure to pre-register at 604-541-2199.
• Do you find yourself slouching in a chair? Do you experience pain in your body at the end of the day?
Using the Alexander Technique, learn how to be at ease in your body and to find balance in sitting, standing, walking, or any other activity without strain.
The one-day workshop to Improve Your Posture will be held on April 25 from 2-4 p.m.
For more information, call 604-541-2199.
• Do you want to learn some creative ethnic ways to cook?
Come discover the rich flavours and dishes of Mexican cuisine. How to make a traditional posole soup and delicious sauces like mole, salsa verde and rojo will be demonstrated.
Bring a plate and utensils to class for tasting results on April 25 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Or, help prepare some soul soothing comfort food from Eastern Europe. Borscht, cabbage rolls, and perogies are some of the delicious dishes to be created from scratch in the Ukrainian Cooking course on May 9 at 10 a.m.
Kent Street’s chef Pat Faulkner will be teaching both classes.
• A great course to take before summer; the St. John Ambulance Lifesaver course teaches five of the most often required skills to save a live including adult CPR, emergency scene management, shock, choking and poisoning.
Course will be held on April 25 at the White Rock Community Centre.
• Do you enjoy social dancing in the company of friends?
Drop in to the Kent Street Activity Centre on Wednesdays from 7:30-10:30 p.m. for dancing to live music. Buy your tickets at the door (open at 7pm). Refreshments served midway.
This week, Greg Hampson will be on stage to keep your toes tapping.
• If you are digging in your garden and have plants, bulbs or grasses you are splitting, please keep the Kent Street Society’s annual plant sale in mind.
They are accepting donations of outdoor plants, cuttings and seedlings on Friday April 24 from 4-7 p.m. for sale the next day at Kent Centre, 1475 Kent St.
Thanks in advance for your support.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.