It’s Family Day on Feb. 9, and there is a free skate at Centennial Arena from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Free admission, rentals and refreshments – open to all ages.
• Don’t wait until the last minute; be sure to include us in your Valentine’s plans.
Kick up your heels at Kent Street’s Feb. 11 dance, stop by the Kent Street Coffee Shop for a Valentine’s treat, or take your sweetheart out for a Silver Blades skate at Centennial Arena Feb. 11 or 13.
White Rock Leisure Services is now selling gift certificates. They can be used for any of our fitness, art, dance or special-interest registered programs.
Call 604-541-2199 for information.
• The Kent Street Senior Society will host a Book and Bake Sale on Saturday, Feb. 7, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Kent Street auditorium.
Hundreds of gently used books will be offered to get you through those cold, rainy days when all you want to do is curl up with a good book.
There is something for everyone at super-low prices.
• White Rock Leisure Services presents a series of health talks during the month of February.
Beginning Feb. 11, join us at the Centre for Active Living for Reflexology for Seniors, focusing on releasing stress and pain.
On Feb. 19, at the Arthritis 101 workshop, you will learn more about the disease and how to self manage.
Workshops are free for members and $5 for non-members. Call 604-541-2199.
• Do you love to sing?
Join the Sing Along group at Kent Street every Tuesday from 2-3:30 p.m.
This positive, fun group will be sure to keep your spirits high during these grey winter months.
• There are just a few spots left on two upcoming winter excursions.
March 12, delight in the sounds of composer Jean Sibelius at Tea & Trumpets. March 18, head to Victoria to indugle in an afternoon tea at The Empress. Tour includes narrated sightseeing of Beacon Hill Park and free time to explore the Inner Harbour.
• The Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings 7:30-10:30 p.m. for those 50+ who enjoy social dancing to live music.
On stage this week is G7. Tickets at the door.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.