Yellowpoint, south of Nanaimo, is home to eclectic gardens, artisans, galleries and specialty farms.
Join our ‘Ladysmith and Yellowpoint with Joy Brown excursion’ Aug. 14, and relish the unique beauty of these sights.
Enjoy historic downtown Ladysmith followed by tea at a Victorian mansion.
Trip includes tours, lunch and afternoon tea.
Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• On Aug. 26, you have the opportunity to enjoy Shakespeare’s MacBeth.
Take in this dramatic performance at Bard on the Beach, with lunch before on West 4 Avenue in Vancouver.
• There’s still room on the Aug. 8 day trip to the Cowichan Valley.
Enjoy a scenic drive as we taste our way through Fairburn Farms, Merridale Estate Cidery and Venturi Schulze winery and vinegary.
Register at 604-541-2199.
• Do you enjoy the outdoors? Are you drawn to the beauty of the ocean?
Spend an evening kayaking and taking in the sights on our Sea Kayak-Sunset Paddle tours.
On Aug. 10 you will be guided through the Nicomekl/Serpentine Estuary at Crescent Beach.
Tours are designed for novice kayakers and include instruction, kayaks and safety equipment.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• White Rock features more than 80 acres of park land.
Summer is a perfect time for a walk. Enjoy the majestic views from hillside walkways, have a quiet barbeque at Bayview Park, picnic on the waterfront or take an evening stroll along the stunning promenade.
Information is available at www.whiterockcity.ca or at the White Rock Community Centre.
• Note, Kent Street is closed until Aug. 12 for annual cleaning and maintenance.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better.