Fire crews were at Southridge School in South Surrey Wednesday

Fire crews were at Southridge School in South Surrey Wednesday

Southridge students evacuated

Students at Southridge School had a wet start to their day Wednesday, after an overheating heater triggered the building’s fire alarms.

Students at Southridge School had a wet start to their day Wednesday, after an overheating heater triggered the building’s fire alarms.

The alert set off sprinklers in the senior school and prompted a brief evacuation of those students. Fire crews at the scene said the school suffered minor water damage in the incident.