SURREY — A worker in Surrey who was electrocuted and suffered burns last week has been confirmed to be a Telus employee, according to B.C. Hydro.
The worker was transferred to hospital to be treated for burns other possible injuries after a scary incident last Wednesday morning in Cloverdale.
The victim was working on the 5200-block of 184th Street when the utility bucket he was in made contact with a reported 25-kilovolt electrical lines around 10 a.m.
B.C. Hydro was called on-scene to cut the power before he was brought down from the utility bucket.
Crews were called on-scene to rescue the worker. He was transferred to Royal Columbian Hospital for treatment.
Worksafe B.C. was also on-scene.