Investigation of an electrical incident in White Rock that sent two workers to hospital last week will take “at least a couple of months,” officials say.
Megan Johnston, spokesperson for WorkSafe BC, said Tuesday an order has been issued to the workers’ employer – identified as Langley-based Trans Western Electric Ltd. – to produce documents to aid in the investigation.
Among documents requested are details of employee orientation, training documentation, electrical foreman job description, hazard assessments and email communications between engineering, city and consultants involved in the site.
The workers – a 33-year-old Burnaby resident and a 47-year-old South Surrey resident – were airlifted to Royal Columbian Hospital on June 6, after suffering an electric shock while working on Victoria Avenue near Vidal Street.
According to the June 10 report, the workers contacted a 14.4-kilovolt conductor just after 9 a.m. while attempting to erect a light standard.
Jesse Johnstone, an official with Trans Western, told Peace Arch News Wednesday the men are “doing OK,” but declined to elaborate.
“They will be leaving the hospital, they will be going home,” she said.