Attention All Taxpayers
The 2023 property tax notices have now been mailed. If you do not receive your notice by the second week of June, please contact the Financial Services Department at White Rock City Hall at 604.541.2280.
Property taxes are due Tuesday, July 4, 2023. Any current year amounts outstanding after this date, including home owner grants, will be charged a 5% penalty. An additional 5% will be charged after August 15, 2023.
All property owners, even new owners, are responsible for payment of property taxes by July 4, 2023 to avoid penalties, regardless of whether a tax notice is received.
Home Owner Grant Program
- If eligible, apply through the Province of BC’s website: gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant or call 1.888.355.2700.
- Apply each year for your Home Owner Grant by the tax due date to avoid penalty.
Provincial Property Tax Deferment Program
- To apply or for more information, visit gov.bc.ca/propertytaxdeferment or call 1.888.355.2700.
- Please Note: The deferment program does not include the “Other Fees & Charges” amount included on your tax notice or any applicable Home Owner Grant. To avoid penalties, apply for your grant and pay the “Other Fees & Charges” by the tax penalty date.
Online or in person through your financial institution. Most financial institutions will take payments for property taxes. Ensure that your payment will be dated on or before the due date to avoid penalty. See your Property Tax Notice for instructions.
- Mail a cheque – ensure your folio number is listed on the front of the cheque. Payments must be received by the due date. Mail lost or delayed by the Post Office will be subject to Penalty.
- Use the secure Drop Box to the left of the main doors at City Hall - 15322 Buena Vista Ave.
- Credit card - At City Hall or online at whiterockcity.ca/online. Note, a 2% fee applies to credit card payments.
- In person at City Hall, Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30. There may be line ups from June until the due date.
Keep up with what’s happening in your city!
Sign-up for e-news, text alerts and more at whiterockcity.ca/connect.